What is Masters Boxing?
- Masters Boxing is made specifically for individuals with no previous boxing experience. Even if you have never put on a pair of gloves, 6 months is a perfect amount of time to learn adequate fitness and skills to enjoy the world of boxing. It is a unique sport and one that changes your life. It will raise your confidence, your respect and discipline for others as well as giving you a feeling of achievement you can only get in the golden squared circle.
How much experience do I need?
- Zero. You just need a passion to commit 6 months of your life, training 3 – 4 times a week to become the fittest you have ever been, and if you wish, compete in a 3 round bout with a person of similar experience.
How old do I need to be?
- Masters Boxing is open to men and women aged 34 years to 60+ years. There were even two boxers in their 70’s who competed in Queensland recently.
How much does it cost?
- A-Team Masters Boxing Packages
Option 1: Athlete Package: $60 per week direct debit for 6 months
Option 2: Premium Package: $180 per week direct debit for 6 months
What do I get for my money?
|ALL PACKAGES INCLUDE;|
|Minimum of 3 x boxing specific training sessions per week|
|Access to A-Team group fitness classes and weights area|
|2 x highly experienced and accredited coaches|
|All tuition and technical coaching as required to transform you into a boxer|
|Access to supervised in-house sparring|
|Access to supervised inter-club sparring|
|Access to Masters only boxing days held by Masters Boxing Victoria|
|General boxing nutrition advice|
PREMIUM PACKAGE EXTRAS (plus everything above);
|3 x Personal (1:1) Boxing Pad work sessions per fortnight|
|1 x Acc. Sports Dietitian Session per fortnight|
|Monthly sports Supplements for optimal performance, health & recovery|
|Close mentoring with Heavyweight Champion Kim Heta & Elite Sports Dietitian Lou Heta|
Where are A-Team Boxing located?
- A-Team Boxing Club is located at Unit 8, 43 – 47 Riverside Ave Werribee
When is training available?
- Beginner – Monday & Wed @6pm
- Intermed/Advanced – Mon to Thurs @6.30pm; Friday @6pm
- Saturday mornings – TBA (In-house and inter-club sparring)
What does a typical boxing training session look like?
- Sessions typical last around 60 – 75 mins and may consist of;
- Warm Up: usually skipping: 2 – 3 rounds
- Shadow boxing: 1 – 2 rounds
- Bag Work: 1 – 3 rounds.
- Technical Drills: one of the trainers will take beginners through footwork, stance etc.
- Sparring: There are many types of sparring, and for beginners we start with touch sparring with no contact to the head. All sparring is supervised by coaches at all times.
- Conditioning: push ups, pull ups, core etc.
What equipment do I need?
- At the start we just need you. We have loads of loan equipment. Eventually you will need a mouth guard, a head guard and 16 Oz boxing gloves. We can help you with all that.
When can I expect to have a bout?
- This Masters package is designed around having a proper sanctioned bout after approximately 6 months of training. Someone with previous experience may be ready earlier.
What if I don’t want to have a bout?
- If at the end of 6 months training you decide that you don’t wish to have a bout – that’s fine, you don’t have to. You will be the fittest you will have ever been in your whole life and that is reward enough for some people.
Can I just come and have a look?
- Sure can, just give us a call or pop in at a designated training time
Is boxing dangerous?
- Boxing is a contact sport, therefore it can be dangerous. All of our in-house sparring is supervised and you will always box with one of our experienced boxers who are very familiar with beginners. At a recent tournament over two days in Queensland, there wasn’t one ambulance called, no knockouts and no serious injuries. All referees are experienced and will stop a bout if they feel it is not evenly matched. You are assessed at in-club and inter-club levels and wewill never let you compete with someone outside your skill level.
Who are Masters Boxers?
- We have accountants, lawyers, mothers, fathers, grandparents, builders, secretaries etc. In short, Masters Boxers are people from all walks of life who are looking to face their fears, get fit and healthy and achieve a dream.